Backcountry Safety Huntington WV
Phoenix Psychiatry At Bellefonte
2115 Moore Street
Feierstein Rosalyn E Phd Abpp
Unified Psychiatry Psc
Southern Ohio Behavioral Health
2113 S 7th Street
Interhope Counseling Services
10730 Midland Trail
Borders Jack Md
Evans & Associates Psc
207 16th St
King's Daughters Sleep
Family Guidance Center Ilcao
1518 S 3rd Street
Being in the pink in the wild blue yonder
If you head to the backcountry without thinking through your outdoor adventure needs, you might be exchanging the rat race for a struggle of another kind. Depending on where you venture, you can face anything from great big bears to microscopic invaders . But nature should be exhilarating, not nerve-racking. After all, the Boy Scout motto is "Be Prepared" not "Be Paranoid."
Whether you're boat-bound, heading underground or have your sights set on a high-octane summit, our Nomadik Laundry List of backcountry safety issues will keep you traveling without the terror. While there's no guarantee you won't come across Murphy on your tour, if you do look misadventure in the eye at least you'll know how to respond.
- Brush up on the basics: Review the nuts and bolts of outdoor safety before you leave. Browse our pages for solid advice that applies to any outdoor adventure.
- Know the territory: Whether you read a guide book, talk to park rangers or scour the Internet for destination-specific information, give yourself a crash course on the weather , wildlife and terrain.
- Be a bookworm: Carry a field manual for the area(s) you'll be visiting. Don't just pick up the first one you see. Look for one with clear pictures and detailed descriptions of the hazardous plants and insects you might encounter, as well as symptoms and first aid treatments. Ensure the information is laid out in a way that is logical to you, so you can find what you need quickly.
- Inspect your vehicle: If you're RVing or boating , getting there is half the battle. Make sure your vehicle is maintained and has everything you'll need to get you to your outdoor destination and back.
- Dress for success: Clothes don't make the man, but they do make the vacation. The right wardrobe is more about keeping up with the conditions than off the worst-dressed list.
- Stick together: Even if you've headed into ...
Click here to read the rest of this article from Nomadik.com