Backpacks and Accessories Bennington VT
Hot Wheelz Cycle Studio
13 Kimball Hill Road
Wells Chas H Fine Guns & Ammo
216 Northside Dr
155 Dorset St
South Burlington, VT
Cabin Fever Gifts
2363 Route 4
Quechee Lakes Landowners Association
95 Bennington Sq
257 Marlboro Rd
Great Outdoors of Newport the
59 Waterfront Plz Ste 9
Dockside North Outdoor Supply
25 Raymond Rd
Dick's Sporting Goods
16 S Main St
Backpacks and Accessories
Transforming outdoor life enthusiasts into modern-day Sherpas
Whether you're on a day trek, climbing a mountain or wandering the desert for 40 days, the right pack can make the journey seem shorter and lighter. The wrong pack? Well, as The Beatles said, “Boy, you're gonna carry that weight a long time.”
Once your outdoor adventure is underway, you and your pack will be inseparable most days, so make sure you take the time to choose this travel companion wisely. When looking for a pack, consider
- Accessibility: Look for an easy-to-pack model and with outer compartments for items you might need along the trail.
- Material: Lightweight materials are a must, but also look for packs that are strong, durable, tear-resistant and waterproof. Large zippers and strong double-stitched seams are other features to consider.
- Fit: These aren't one-size-fits-all gear. Some are designed specifically to fit the female physique, while others simply fit your torso length.
- Frame: Do you want a pack with an internal or external frame ?
Looking for the right pack? We've listed the main kinds of backpacks to head you in the right direction:
- Daypacks : These range from your standard daypack designed for school kids to specialized models with hydration packs for mountaineers and skiers. Of course, there's something for everyone in between.
- Alpine packs : Lightweight and sleek, these won't hold you back when you're scaling the side of a mountain. Most have external compartments for picks, ropes and other climbing essentials. Hydration units are another useful feature for climbers.
- Backpacking backpacks : While the name sounds redundant, these packs are a must-have. With a variety of pockets, sizes, shapes and features, there's something for every hiker, camper and day tripper. Made for comfort more than agility, these are designed for hikers more than climbers or skiers.
- Expedition packs / travel packs : Made for the long haul, these are...
Click here to read the rest of this article from Nomadik.com