Powerboats South Burlington VT
4584 Harbor Rd
Data Provided by:
Bruce Hill Yacht Sales, Inc.
4520 Harbor Road
Boats R Fun
29 Klein Way
Lake Champlain Cruises
1 King St
Waterfront Boat Rental
53 Lavalley Ln
3017 Williston Rd
So. Burlington, VT
New Boat Sales, Used Boat Sales, Engine Repair, Marina, Boat Ramp, Boat Storage, Back-in Test, Boat Rental, In-Water Demos
Fox Marine Sales And Service
356 Prim Rd.
Winds Of Ireland
Spirit Of Ethan Allen Iii
348 Flynn Ave
Smooth Sail Vermont
Essex Jct., VT
8:00 - 8:00
Data Provided by:
With a turn of the key and a push of the throttle, a powerboat can whisk you across the water and to your destination in record time. No sails to unfurl, no oars to tote. They're the ultimate plug-and-play water tool to:
- Explore the waterways
- Play the day away - water ski , wave board or go tubing
- Fly across the water in a personal water craft or jet boat
- Escape the rat race on quiet waters
A rather generic term, powerboats can range from 10-foot-long two-seater speedboats to cruise ship-sized luxury yachts . Powerboats can be simple open boats or sleep 10 or more people. Prices are as varied as the boats themselves, but most fall between a wallet-friendly $2,000 and a budget-busting $100,000 (or much more for luxury yachts).
Regardless of how big or small, powerboats have one of three engines:
- Outboard motors: These internal combustion engines are housed at the rear of the boat and contain the gear reduction and propeller.
- Inboard motors: Whether mounted at the rear or in the middle, inboard motors contain everything except a shaft and a propeller inside the vessel.
- Inboard / outboard motors: Like the name suggests, this engine is a hybrid of the two other types. The internal combustion engine is contained inboard and the gear reduction and propeller are outside.
If you want the fun of day trips without the bother of packing for overnight trips, pleasure boats like ru...
Click here to read the rest of this article from Nomadik.com